Here are some tips on how to network effectively.
- Before you set out consider what to wear. Wear something that you look comfortable in and try to look neat and smart. After all you represent your company image. Think about that carefully.
- If you attend the same network event greet the host and try and make friends with a group of people so that when you go you have someone to talk to before you break the ice with strangers.
- Don't forget your business cards, they should state, your company name, address, email, telephone, twitter address, website, blog.
- You can even bring with pamphlets and handouts, even a lucky prize for the event.
- When you start to network try and find a group of people that are open to conversing with others.
- Smile and say Hi, What do you do?
- Get to know people's names and what they do and see if you can help them out in their field.
- Hand out your business cards to people who might benefit from your services. Don't forget to get business cards back.
- Thank the hosts before you leave.
- When you get back to your office shoot off a thank you email to the host and select some prospects to email and see if you can meet for a coffee and take it from there.
The more you network the more chance you have of a huge success.
If you approach it with a positive mindset you will have a wonderful time. Always remember to look people in the eye avoid looking at the floor or elsewhere. Select some meetings that will interest you and off you go.
Happy networking !
Thanks for stopping by bloggers and readers.
Fly high, Fly free
Writer & Motivational Speaker
email to book Fred Felton for a talk or seminar anywhere on the planet.