Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Bad Service or Good Service?

Good day bloggers and readers.  Welcome to another entry.  It's raining here as I write this to you.
Had an interesting experience today.  Thought I would share it with you all.   First off I went to a place
for some service they could not help me, I had to have some sort of form.
Needless to say their brand took a hit with me and  I would not really use them or recommend them.

Later that day I happened to step into a supermarket.  They had a special on coffee unfortunately for me
I picked up the wrong one.  Off I went to the customer care where the Manager greeted me with a smile and 'Can I help you? '   Now that is music to my ears.

Needless to say he fixed up the problem for me in less than 5 minutes and I got the coffee I wanted.  I left that supermarket with a big smile on my face.  I will support them for a long time to come.

Do you see the big picture here?  Are you nodding your head?  Business is just like that.  If you give your clients attitude and bad service people will not come back.  With the instantaneous alarm now known as twitter people can tweet then and there about their bad service and millions of people would know where not to go.

Scary stuff but a business can learn from this.

I leave you with this great sign I saw in a jeweller a long, long time ago.
You remember in times when companies actually cared about clients.

The sign read
Rules for business.
1.  The customer is always right.
2.  If the customer is wrong see rule number1.

And that as they say is that.  Make sure your business gives good customer service or people
will start taking out their mobile phones, opening up twitter and yup you can close real soon.

Thanks for stopping by bloggers and readers.

Fly high, Fly free.




Fred Felton
Writer and Motivational Speaker
email: falconscove@gmail.com

email to book Fred Felton for a talk or seminar anywhere on the planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment